Property Price Index
CoreLogic runs rigorous analytics across the United Kingdom property market to create a property market value index with the most up-to-date and accurate measure of housing market performance overtime.
- Understand city and regional markets – receive unparalleled insights into the portfolio value of housing across each city and regional market.
- Spot trends and identify value – understand property market value performance by tracking home values using the most up to date and comprehensive data available.
- Minimise risk and maximise opportunities – identify areas that are performing poorly or that are seeing an improving trend so you can take steps to minimise your exposure.
- Rigorous repeat sales index regression method
- Indices available on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Back series available with 25 year history of property data
Frequently Asked Questions
There is currently one type of indices used in the United Kingdom:
- CoreLogic Repeat Sales Indices
Index estimates the performance of the market by analysing the returns on individual properties for which there are at least two observed sales prices, each at different points in time.
Repeat sales indices seek to control for changes in the composition of properties selling in different periods without requiring any property attribute data (other than address). They do this by only examining properties which have two separate sales records.